Switzerland offers many possibilities for collaboration. Whatever you are looking for, let us connect you with the right partner to fulfill your needs.
Locate in Switzerland
Switzerland is the leading innovation and technology hub in the world. Here are just a few of the numerous good reasons to locate your business in Switzerland.
Access to leading innovation ecosystem
Access to top talent
Access to all important markets
Excellent education and healthcare systems
High standard of living
Competitive tax system
Study and Research
The specificity of the Swiss education and research system is its high degree of permeability with the economy. The public authorities and the private sector stimulate each other by devoting both substantial financial resources to complementary education and research activities. Switzerland’s education and research system is of exceptional quality, the two Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology – ETH Zurich and EPFL Lausanne – have placed among the best worldwide universities in all relevant rankings for years. The system allows a high degree of flexibility between educational paths and allows researchers to play out their creativity. Swiss universities provide a highly skilled workforce that meets the needs of the high demanding Swiss labor market.
- Public research funded according to liberal principles
- Funds awarded on a competitive basis, on a researcher’s individual initiative and on quality of the proposal
- Research of Swiss higher education institutions highly integrated into global research systems
- Competing with international competition is a beneficial factor assuring Switzerland’s innovation performance
Discover more: study in switzerland+
Meet us abroad
Through our Swissnex main locations, outposts, and Science Offices at Swiss Embassies worldwide, the Swissnex network connects people and ideas to Switzerland and fosters exchange in research, education, and innovation. Inspiring collaboration across disciplines, industries, and borders, Swissnex hosts universities, research institutions, startups, corporates, artists, designers and other innovation-driven partner organizations.
- Providing access to a global network and connecting partners to thriving innovation ecosystems.
- From Switzerland to the world and back, advising on trends and opportunities in science, education, and innovation.
- Inspiring new ideas by promoting knowledge exchange around the world.
SHAPE THE FUTURE
As an innovation platform, Switzerland Innovation enables international and domestic companies and world-leading Swiss universities to work together on the development of new marketable products and services.
Switzerland Innovation comprises 6 Switzerland Innovation Parks that create the best conditions for industrial R&D by offering easy access to world-class academic partners, state-of-the-art research infrastructure, industry partners, exciting high-tech start-ups and spin-offs, and innovation services.
- 6 innovation parks
- 16 innovative sites
- › 400 resident companies
- 16 start-up accelerator and incubator programs
- 60 researchers/academic partners
- 300,000 m2 laboratories, cleanrooms, offices, event and coworking spaces
Innovation thrives when great ideas are developed with the right partners, when know-how can be transferred and networks can be built, when start-ups can be founded and can achieve their full potential. Innosuisse, the Swiss Innovation Agency, plays a key role in the development of science-based innovation in Switzerland, with:
Innovation projects between companies and research institutions on a national and international scale;
Networking opportunities and advice aimed at bringing the right partners together and boosting radical innovations;
Training, coaching and camps offered for science-based start-ups, to help them thrive from foundation through to global markets.